Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 4 & 5

Just a quick check in:

Yeah, we are in Van Buren, Arkansas. That means today we will travel a relatively short distance to Memphis. We had a pretty good ride from Shamrock Texas - considering we stopped in Clinton to have Lilia's bike looked at - leaking oil. We spent two hours there hanging out so that we stayed together. Not bad - that's what we do.

Hey, Roswell Alien museum - met these three dudes from Arkansas - they had never seen a women's motorcycle group before. As were talking, they said they don't see women riding in Arkansas all that much - well, never. We laughed and said we'll change that as we parade through the states. One of the gentlmen, opened his eyes wide and rather serious look and with his southern drawl told us, "That's right, git them girls saddled up!" That's my new motto - Git them girls saddled up!

What's funny is that two older men standing behind me were looking out the window watching the girls saddle up. One said, "Some motorcycle group is here". The other said, "Some of those are ladies!" I turned around and said, "There ALL ladies". I explained what we are doing and they are just amazed that women...modern women...could travel this way...all by our lonesome. LOL!

Yesterday I saw some of the most beautiful countryside in the Eastern part of Oklahoma and into Arkansas. Wow, this good ol USA. We are very lucky to live in the most beautiful, diverse country. A new song was stuck in my head - don't know if the words are right...

"Proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free...and I wont forget the men who died and gave that right to me...and I'll gladly STAND UP next to you...and defend her still today...Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land...God Bless the USA."

We are about to take off, I heard that the mosquitos between here and Memphis are so large they'll knock us off our bikes...another adventure as we battle the Mosqs.

On to Memphis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Girl,
Dad here. I am following ur trip thru ur blogs.I can tell u r having a great time. Enjoy the green countryside while u can. So Cal is still a desert and u will be back sooner than u want. If there is anything u need call us. Luv Ya big time.