Sunday, June 15, 2008

Intro

Today, I am just a little over 5 days away from taking off on the grandest adventure of a lifetime. Not too often do we get to do something we that long ago dreamed. You know what I'm talking about. When we were kids, young adults, we dreamed about what we wanted to be, what we wanted to have, where we wanted to go. For some of us, life happened and we slowly forgot about those idle ideas and dreams or put them on the back burner as we pursued more reasonable, family oriented goals. This must be what mid-life is for - to re-awaken those ideas, dreams and spirits!

As I said, I'm about to take off on one of the most exciting adventures of my my life - a 15 day motorcycle trip across the United States with my WITW Sol Sisters by my side. Destination: Graceland. Why? Because we can. Is there not a better reason?

It's already been said among my crew, but I'll say it again, it's not all about the destination. Sure, I'll be weak in the knees when we view Graceland, it is one of my life long dreams to journey there after all, but I know without a doubt, I'll be smiling ear to ear that same evening as we visit Presley Place. I think everyday I'll wake up with some energy and a passion for meeting the day's challenges - like not taking a wrong turn. Well, as for that last comment - we all know it's inevitable for me to make a u-turn along the way - I am "Wrong Way" Jett after all. Considering my life is centered around transportation - that's pretty funny.

Here's the deal. We are taking our vacations and putting a charitable spin on it. Presley Place is about helping families get back on their feet and once a month they have a birthday bash for the kids. This month, it will be the WITW Sol Sisters creating a birthday to remember! We have been busy raising money to buy the gifts for these kids (all 70 of them), shopping and spending some of our own money to complete the task. However, it's a great feeling. These kids are part of a community which is ranked the 14th poorest community in the United States! We'll be sure to spread some WITW Sol Sisters-Girlz of Graceland happiness when we visit.

Okay, there more: In addition to just going on a trip, spreading some cheer, a documentary film crew will be following us - to be submitted to Sundance Festival for '09. Wow, that is way cool. Another dream of mine - to be in movie...this time I won't be an extra...(anyone ever see 'Torque'? I didn't think so). Here's our schedule:

When I talk about my "sisters" - I mean my sisters. Women in the Wind - Sol Sisters are my life connection. There is nothing in this world more important to a woman than her family and her sisters - those women she can share important life events, life challenges, and life disappointments with. In this case I'll be sharing a multitude of experiences with my sisters on the road! It will be interesting to say the least. I must say though, I am honored to spend this journey to Graceland with some phenomenal, spirited, gifted and caring women - these are the ladies that entertained the idea to mix our vacation with charity and the created the avenues to get us there! Well done my sistahs!

Of course, I'll be missing Jan more than anything else. Missing her is the hardest part of this trip. M.U.R.L. - that's all I got to say.

No comments: