Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's All A Blur..

I really don't know what number day this is so let me just recap.

Glad to hear that a few of you are following along on my trip - including my family!
Yesterday was another early morning trip as Colleen and I got up once again to make it to a dealer just above Rolla, MO to get her clutch fixed. Yesterday we had to have parts picked up by the gals in different cities so that the dealer in whatever town that was (oh, Sullivan) could fix it.
I did take advantage of the time though and took my bike to a car wash... :) oh yeah, now it feels right.

I'm sitting in Rolla (not pronounced Roll-a), MO. It's a cute little town, but all the people that live here because of the college or military say that there is nothing to do here....that's nice. We met up with Lilia's high school friend and his wife (who is from Coronado, CA - big change here). They were so hospitable - bbq pork, chicken, modified version of lasagna with eggplant, rice, chips with humus, grape leave rolls (y'all know I didn't have that) and tons of other food! Wow. Becky and Colleen were playing Guitar hero and some of their other guests were sitting on our motorcycles outside. We were pretty big here in RollaMo.

Okay - backtracking to our arrival in Memphis - went to Beal Street where at the bikers hangout on Wed nights. Kaye hooked us up with the swanky hotel and dinner at BB Kings with reserved parking in front. We arrived, and the street had about 100 bikes, went into the restaurant and listened to some awesome blues music. We ordered everything we could possibly think of for appetizers and when the food came we were done! This is when I let everyone know that Pat bought us dinner - she had secretly given me some dough to cover a night out. It really came in handy - so we all called her up and passed the phone around thanking her.

When we came out of the restuarant - over 400 bikes - more still coming in! Wow. We ended up talking to TONS of people - especially the women riders. We came across one lady - her name is "lotta nerve" (there's a story behind that). She said she was going to show up the next night at Presley place to ride with us for the children. She already knew we were coming! Awesome.

I can't really tell you what happened after that on Beal Street - it's top secret - but you can imagine...

Darn, I'll have to post tonight from OK City - I only have 10 minutes till take off and they are waiting outside (it's a miracle!).

Today we are headed to OK City - stopping at a few rustic route 66 stops and in Tulsa to meet up with the WITW Tulsa chapter for lunch. Today is a long day and will be sort of fun. Oh, oh, they just sent three women to check on me...got's to go...I'll be on tonight though.

No comments: